You give us the right stuff in writing essays!

You give us the right stuff in writing essays!

Hi Wyatt, these processes of persuasion have helped me by teaching us to look carefully during the position regarding the opposite side. That permits us to make arguments which can be meaningful to many other people as well as helps me to be sure of what I really do believe. I hope these help you too!

Wyatt

I became just curious how successful was the techniques described within the article been in your case? What were some of your successes and failures in persuading others paper writers for college for cheap? What have you learned from those experiences?

hi i am shi

i am writing an argumentative essay about should animals be kept in zoos this very helpful!

Virginia Kearney

7 months ago from United States

Hi Haaris! It is very difficult to write a full essay in just 20 minutes. The things I suggest is that you begin by writing a brief outline. Turn the subject into a question. Answer the relevant question(that is your thesis statement). Then write 3 reasons or supports for that thesis (you can write down examples you will use to support those). Then do a conclusion that tells your reader what they are expected to think, do or believe after reading your essay. Example:

Should students need to write essays in 20 minutes?

Writing twenty essays that are minute great for learning how to write quickly but will not teach students to imagine clearly, develop strong arguments, or fully think out answers.

Body: turn those three points above into 1-3 paragraphs with some examples.

Conclusion: Teachers must look into whether or not they want their students to write quickly or well when they give essay assignments.

Haaris Madaha

Hello, I am Haaris. I am in 8th grade. I am about to take an exam when it comes to # 1 highschool in Delaware. Wilmington Charter. I now know that people have to write an essay so we have 20 minutes. How I can finish in time but still have a very good, effective essay.

angel

Thanks. Its really helpful

Virginia Kearney

8 months ago from united states of america

Hi Ansumana, debate questions need to be problems that do have more than one answer. They even should be a thing that people disagree about. Another quality of a debate that is good is it offers to be something that people worry about. Here are some examples:

1. May be the WACE a test that is fair?

2. Do the questions regarding the WACE really test what someone has learned?

3. Does passing the WACE test mean an individual is ready for University?

4. How do the WACE become more effective?

Ansumana Allieu

This is certainly really marvelous. But do you want to please guide me more about just how to write to debate questions on West African Certificate Examination (WACE)?

Rose Bell

9 months ago from Toronto

Beautiful article. Interesting to read through

Sukhan

Very you which are good are a guide that is great. Thank you so much

Virginia Kearney

9 months ago from United States

Hi Sofia, political power is a good topic but you need a question to concentrate your essay around. Think about a question individuals have about political power, such as: “How can we make sure the government doesn’t abuse political power?” Start your essay with an account in regards to the problem. Then pose a question to your question. Your response to the real question is your thesis. Arguing and explaining for the response is the human body. Attractive to your audience to accomplish something or believe a way that is certain in conclusion.

Sofia

English is my second language and I have a difficult time to find out how to write a subject ” POWER” to my essay. I don’t know if political is going to work but I’m not sure the way I may start. Can you please give me some advice? Thank you.

Laura

Thank you for the details. It absolutely was really helpful.

Maryanne

Thanks for the ideas.

Mahri

Thank you so much for priceless information.

Dean

Kristina Heffter

13 months ago from London, UK

Kelly J

excellent explanation! Thank you a great deal, this have already been very useful

Alessa Maninang

I am so grateful because of this work. I really believe as much as this has helped me,so will it help others.

Houda samad

This artical really was helpful for me because it shows your whole technique how to write an argumentative essay. In fact, everyone now could write one with such an confidence and ease.

I would like to thank you so much for this artical.

Nick Celin

Thank you. this is basically the best information on arguments

Masechaba

Many thanks. This really is very useful

tt

Thanks this was the information that is best on arguments

flddptcrd

Many thanks for the detailed explanation and tips!

Jem Basha

It is really useful , thank u a lot .

Kyva

Hi Judith, I’m also an experienced academic writer who happens to be more interested in popular writing. A few of the instructors I would like to view all of the argumentative techniques as an element of our “bag of tricks. that I make use of have students write a paper in a certain style, but” So, i do believe that to persuade, the most important thing is to, first of all, consider your audience carefully. Think about what they know and whatever they believe, including any “false beliefs” that they might hold regarding your subject. Then consider what it really is them to think, do, or believe after reading your work that you actually want. Then consider the strategies that are different decide those that might work to convince that audience best. I have several different articles on persuasion you may possibly wish to look at for ideas and examples.

Judith Coche PhD

Virgiia..thank you . clear and targeted language when it comes to author of 4 books who wants to tell stories in the place of more writing that is academic.

What’s the distinction between an academically constructed argument and memoir/ trade book on psychological topics?

Seems that Toulman is the style but need details.

Beth

it was very helpful. thank you.

Virginia Kearney

24 months ago from United States

Sisila-I wish you all the best. I have about 100 articles on Hubpages about writing. I encourage you to keep on learning!

Sisilia R Toutai

English is my language that is second and with essay writing and an argument essay, I find your advise but time is quite short for my assessment test tomorrow. I will try my best to concentrate on your advise and determine if i could pass on this level for my future study. Many thanks for this very article that is helpful argument essay.

Virginia Kearney

3 years ago from United States

Miranda–I’m so glad this informative article has helped you. It surely arises from my experience with teaching students to create rather than from a textbook. My students have taught me a whole lot! Much luck for you on the courses.

Miranda Stork

3 years ago from England

Thank you for a hub that is really great! It’s now officially on my ‘favourites’ bar. I have to do plenty of argument essays at the moment for my course, and I sometimes have a time that is tricky out how exactly to structure them – this hub is going to help me a great deal with making my arguments clearer.

Virginia Kearney

5 years ago from united states of america

Honestly, Dragos–often the way that is best to begin with is merely to write down everything you know, then write down questions that occur to you. Then start gathering information based on your questions if you are doing a research paper, you can. I often just start by Googling some of the questions. Often you won’t come up with research you can use in your paper, however it can jog you into having some ideas that are good. In a disagreement essay, that which you absolutely need is:

a response (your answer, plus how many other people would answer)

3 or more known reasons for your answer

reasons why one other answers aren’t just like yours

That is basically what you are actually going to talk about.

Dragos

I pretty much understand what has to go in an essay but I’m having a hard time planning my thoughts and writing out ideas on an interest.

Kathryn L Hill

7 years back from LA

I am so happy to see what you have got taken to us! I hope everyone who is sittin’ around doin’ nothin’ and complaining about everything shall discover these HubPages and participate in on what was started throughout the golden ages of America. The wisdom that individuals have in addition to capacity for transmitting it over the internet is SO AWESOME. Thank You